Alive United’s Data Protection Notice for Website Users
This Alive United’s Data Protection Notice for Website Users (“Data Protection Notice”)is announced and will be constantly updated as necessary and appropriate by Alive United Co., Ltd. its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, successors, representatives, and/or agents “Company”or “we”/ “ us”).
In the operations of the websites and web pages (“ Websites ”) by the Company, there may be collection, processing, disclosure, and/or transfer of your Personal Data (as hereinafter defined) for the purposes as prescribed in this Data Protection Notice.
Please read this Data Protection Notice thoroughly to understand how we carefully handle your information and Personal Data in compliance with the applicable Thai laws, including the Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562 (2019).
This Data Protection Notice may be added to, amended, or updated from time to time when necessary and appropriate.
What is Personal Data?
‘Personal Data’ means any information relating to a natural living person, which enables the identification of such person, whether directly or indirectly.
Your Personal Data that we may collect, process and/or disclose
We may collect, process, and/or disclose your information, including your Personal Data, when you give it to us, contact us, visit our Websites, use our mobile applications, use any of our services, or view our advertisements.
We also receive information from other companies who have obtained your consent to share it with us.
We may collect, process and/or disclose the following categories of your Personal Data:
The Personal Data in this category may include your names, titles, genders, marital statuses, photos, ages, nationalities, ethnicities, religions and political beliefs, and dates of birth, etc.
As our Artists or Customers, this category of data may also include your national identification numbers, copy of national identification cards, passports, driver licenses or other photographic identification documents, copy of house registration document or other proof of address, employment, past experiences, qualifications and education histories, and conflict of interest declarations.
The Personal Data in this category may include addresses, work addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, etc.
Financial and Transactional Information
The Personal Data in this category may include your account records related to downloads and purchase histories, and the data collected for authentication (passwords and account security questions).
As our Artists or Customers, this category of data may also include your payment information such as bank account details, personal or corporate income tax and other taxes information, credit or debit cards details, e-payment details, payment methods and transaction numbers.
Unique Identifier Information and Online and Technical Information
The Personal Data in this category concerns the unique numbers that may, directly or indirectly, enable the identification of the Website user; this may include Customer/Artist number, subscription number, rewards program number, online users ID, usernames, IP address, MAC address, SSIDs or other device identifiers and other online and technical information such as log-in histories and settings, device characteristics, browsers information, application logs, browsing data, cookies, etc.
Demographic Information and Preferences
The Personal Data in this category may include your personal characteristics and preferences, such as shopping preferences, Arts and Contents preferences, languages preferred, household demographic data, social media platforms data, hobbies, service satisfaction and service preferences, other feedbacks, etc.
As we may use the data in this category to improve our future services and potential marketing/advertising campaigns, we ensure the collection, processing and/or disclosure is based on your consent and in compliance with the applicable Thai laws. Please refer to further details on your consent and subscription in the sub-section ‘Our Personal Data Processing, Sharing and Transfer’ below in this Data Protection Notice.
Personal Data in Arts and Contents
The Personal Data in this category may include still photographs, images, footages, sounds, films, videos or other audio/visual representations contained in the Arts and Contents uploaded to the Websites by the Artists and purchased/downloaded from the Websites by the Customers, which may, directly or indirectly, enable the identification of living individuals.
Please also refer to the Alive United’s Terms of Services for Artists and the Alive United’s Terms of Services for Customers for more details on the collection, processing and/or disclosure of the Personal Data in Arts and Contents.
The Personal Data in this category may include facial/iris recognition data, fingerprints, voice recognition data and other biometric identifiers.
As the data in this category may contain sensitive personal data, we would ensure the collection, processing and/or disclosure by us is based on your explicit consent and in compliance with the applicable Thai laws.
Personal Data of Minors
For the Personal Data of minors (i.e. any person who is under 20 years of age), we only collect their Personal Data in the circumstances as permitted by the Civil and Commercial Code of Thailand or when the prior consent from their parents or guardians is duly obtained.
How do we collect your Personal Data?
We collect your Personal Data through 2 channels as follows:
We collect your Personal Data directly from you when you provide us with your information and Personal Data
- Your account registrations
- Submission of applications for our Websites or applications services
- Downloading our applications
- Uploading your Arts and Contents
- Visiting our Websites or applications
- Viewing our advertisements
- Using our services on Websites or applications and your cookies when accessing them
- Subscription of any marketing and sales information including advertisement and promotion
- Filling out our offline or online surveys
- Other contacts you have with us both offline and online such as email enquiries and phone calls
- Your purchase of any particular service or product
- Your log-ins on our Websites directly or via our associated sites such as Facebook and Google
- Your emails, calls, or other means of contacts made to us
- Your browser’s cookies
- We collect your Personal Data from other sources when you have given consent to third-party websites, web pages or applications to share your information and Personal Data and we collect your information and Personal Data from them based on your consents with them. These websites include, Facebook, Google, LINE, LinkedIn, other Email service providers, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.
Our Objectives of Personal Data Collection, Processing, and Disclosure
We may collect, process, and/or disclose your information and Personal Data for any or all of the following purposes:
To Perform Services, Business Operations, and Contractual Obligations
We may collect, process, and/or disclose your Personal Data in order for us to perform and carry out our obligations in the course of or in connection with our business operation and provision of products and/or services to you.
For examples, we collect and use your information to process your payment and/or refunds of a particular service or product you purchase on our platforms. We may also use it to process our payment and/or refunds of the royalty fees or other fees you entitle to receive from us as our Artists. We may use it to assist you with post-sale Customer/Artists services, feedbacks, requests, and enquiries, etc.
To Fulfill Legal Obligations
We may collect, process, and/or disclose your Personal Data in order for us to comply with the legal obligations under the applicable laws, including taxation laws, anti-money laundering laws, computer crimes and cyber-crimes laws, etc.
As Needed Subject to Legitimate Interests
We may collect, process, and/or disclose your Personal Data in order for us to comply with the legitimate interests of us or other person(s) as sensibly and legitimately permitted under the applicable laws. For examples, risk management processes, cyber-crime or fraud mitigations and preventions, safety and security purposes, auditing, investigative and other legal and compliance reasons.
To Better Understand You, Improve Services, and for Marketing Purposes
We may collect, process, and/or disclose your Personal Data in order to help us better understand you and improve our services and your experiences.
This includes marketing research, marketing and promotional programs and campaigns, marketing communications/surveys/invitations, social media interactions and advertisements. As this particular purpose of Personal Data collection, processing and/or disclosure is also subject to your consent, please be informed that withdrawal of your consents may affect the improving and betterment of our future services to you. Please refer to further details on your consent and subscription in the sub-section ‘Our Personal Data Processing, Sharing and Transfer’ below in this Data Protection Notice.
Our Personal Data Processing, Sharing and Transfer
Your Personal Data is and will be stored appropriately to protect data losses, damages and/or misuses. We implement appropriate security measures, including technical measures and organizational measures to ensure your data security. We train our staffs to ensure your Personal Data is only processed based on the purposes outlined in this Data Protection Notice. We only disclose your Personal Data to our staff members on a need-to-know basis.
We may share your Personal Data with third party software providers who collect, store, and process your Personal Data on our behalf and is contractually obligated to keep your Personal Data safe and secure. These service providers may include Google Cloud and Amazon AWS. We ensure that third party service providers, agents, and other organizations we have engaged to perform any of the functions which involves the handling of your Personal Data implement appropriate data security measures.
We may, as necessary, transfer or store/process your Personal Data in/to a country other than Thailand. In the case that the receiving country does not have sufficient standards of Personal Data security, we shall ensure that necessary procedures and methods, including but not limited to the non-disclosure agreement, or an internal personal data protection policy (as applicable), are in place to secure the sufficient protection of Personal Data transfer.
Marketing and Advertisement
With your consent, we may collect and use your Personal Data and information to, and/or share your Personal Data with selected third party companies so that they may offer products, services, promotions and advertisements that we believe will be of interest to you. [Please click here to grant us with your consent for us to collect and use your Personal Data for the purpose prescribed in this paragraph. Please click here to grant us with your consent for us to share your Personal Data with selected third party companies for the purposes as prescribed in this paragraph. You can withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us at [•] or click here.]
Data Storage and Data Retention
We may store your Personal Data using the following systems:
- Saved as soft copy data stored in our computer systems or other devices, such as computers, phones, and tablets.
- Stored in our selected service providers’ systems or servers such as in Google’s Cloud Platform and Amazon’s AWS.
- Our data retention period will be illustrated in the below section. In general, we only store your Personal Data for a period necessary for the performance of our contractual relationships or as required by the applicable laws.
Data Retention Period and Legal Basis of Collection and Processing
|No.||Type of Personal Data||Legal Basis||Retention Period|
|1.||Personal Information||contractual obligations and legitimate interest||10 years from contract termination date|
|2.||Contact Information||contractual obligations and legitimate interest||10 years from contract termination date|
|3.||Financial and Transactional Information||contractual obligations and legitimate interest||10 years from Contract termination date|
|4.||Unique Identifier Information and Online and Technical Information||contractual obligations and legitimate interest||5 years from contract termination date|
|5.||Demographic Information and Preferences||contractual obligations and consent||5 years from contract termination date|
|6.||Personal Data in Arts and Contents||contractual obligations and legitimate interest||5 years from contract termination date|
|7.||Biometric information||consent||5 years from Contract termination date|
Your Rights and Choices
To ensure you are aware of your Personal Data protection rights, we would like to pinpoint that you, as data subjects, are entitled to the following rights:
- Right of Access: you have the right to access to and request copies of the Personal Data collected and retained by us.
- Right of Rectification: you have the right to request an update on an inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data.
- Right to Erasure: you have the right to request the erasure of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as when the Personal Data; is no longer necessary; has been unlawfully processed; or is no longer meeting the lawful ground for which it was collected. This includes the instance where the individual withdraws consent.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: you have the right to request us to limit the way your Personal Data is used.
- Right to Data Portability: have the right to request us to transfer any Personal Data collected and retained to another company.
- Right to Object: you have the right to challenge certain types of collection, processing and/or disclosure of your Personal Data at any time if such collection, processing and/or disclosure is for legitimate interest purpose, for public tasks carrying out purpose, or for direct marketing, scientific, historical or statistical research purposes. We will only continue collecting, processing and/or disclosing your Personal Data only when we can establish that such collection, processing and/or disclosure is for a more legitimate purpose or for the purpose of affirming legal rights, legal compliance, or legal proceeding defense.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: you have the right to withdraw your consent given to us in relation to Personal Data collection, processing ,and/or disclosing at any time; please note that withdrawal of consent may limit certain services and experiences we can provide to you.
- Right to Complaint: if you find that we or any of our staff members does not act in compliance with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562 (2019), you have the right to file a request or a complaint at The Personal Data Protection Committee.
You can make a request to us in relation to your rights and choices as stated in this section by contacting us in writing at ALIVE UNITED CO., LTD, 191, via emails at email@example.com, or the "Contact Us" section at our website.
For your right to complaint, you can contact The Personal Data Protection Committee at The Data Protection Committee, the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society at The Government Complex Commemorating His Majesty the King's 80th Birth day Anniversary 5th December, B.E.2550 (2007), Building B, 6th - 7th Floor, 120, Chaengwattana Road, Lak Si Intersection, Bangkok, 10210, Thailand, Phone number: +662 142 2233
Note: Unless the request made to us is irrelevant or excessive with no legal grounds, there will be no additional charge regarding the mentioned right entitlement, and you will be contacted within 30 days from the date of request.
What are Cookies?
If you wish to learn more about cookies, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
- To increase the efficiency and safety in your log-in process
- To collect your platform usage, content adjustments, and personal settings
- To research an individual your behavior on the platform for satisfaction optimization purposes
- To research your behavioral trend in order to increase the efficiency of the platform
- To serve you with relevant advertisement
- To help improve your experiences when using our Websites and platforms
- To remember your preferences and customize settings
The types of cookies we use include:
- Functionality Cookies: Functionality cookies record information about choices you have made in the platform such as personal settings, languages, and fonts. This allows us to tailor our platform to you.
- Advertising Cookies: Advertising cookies record your on-site behavior and history of sites visited. This allows us to provide you the services, products, and advertisements that suit your preferences.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential for you to browse the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the site.
- Performance Cookies: These are cookies used for gathering site visitors data anonymously, including the page that is visited most frequently in the website. This allows us to efficiently improve our platform regarding users preferences.
You can disable cookies on your browsers, by following the steps listed in this section below. Please note that we can only provide certain features and experiences to you if you accept certain cookies.
For Safari Users:
- Click the “Safari” menu, and tap “Preferences”.
Click the “Privacy” tap and manage the following setting choices:
- Enabling “Prevent cross-site tracking” to block third-party cookies and prevent third-party websites from storing data on your computer.
- Enabling “Block all cookies” will prevent First-Party cookies, as well as Third-Party cookies. Enabling this may cause websites to work improperly, and Safari will warn you about this if you choose this option.
- Choose the “Manage Website Data” button to remove certain website domains which have stored data on your computer.
For Google Chrome Users:
- Open Chrome and tap on “Settings” at the top right.
- Click “Advanced” at the bottom.
- Under 'Privacy and security', click “Site Settings”.
- Click “Cookies”, then tap “See all Cookies and Site Data”.
- If you wish to remove your cookies, tap “Remove All”.
For Internet Explorer Users:
- Open Internet Explorer and click “Tools” in the browser toolbar.
- Choose “Internet” Option.
- Click the “Privacy” tap.
- Under “Settings” move the slider to the top to block all cookies or to the bottom to allow all cookies, and then click OK.
Data Protection Policies of Third-Party Websites
This Data Protection Notice applies to the services and usages of our Websites and platforms only, if you are directed to third-party websites, even though it is through our Websites’ links or channels, you are subject to the data protection notices and/or policies of those third-party websites separately and independently from this Data Protection Notice and our Websites.
Effect of Notice and Changes to Notice
This Data Protection Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consensual clauses that apply in relation to the collection, usage and disclosure of your information and Personal Data by us. Any links from other domains found on our Websites and applications may be under a different personal data protection laws.
We may revise this notice from time to time without any prior notification. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this notice was last updated. Your continual use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Effective date: 1 January 2020
Last updated date: 1 January 2020
Name: ALIVE UNITED CO., LTD
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: aliveunited.com
Name: Legal Department
Email address: email@example.com